Saturday, July 2, 2011

Busy bees

Stream of thought tonight after a long productive week... starting Saturday night...

Saturday: Friends came out for a nice long visit. I made them stay longer by making eggs and smoked salmon for lunch and then some salmon and my sister's roasted potatoes for dinner. Made a new hay feeder for our goat kids, neighbor stopped by to talk and I asked him if he had time to plow some field for some potatoes, he came by 5 min later and plowed a nice spot. Sunday: Planted a bunch of potatoes. Also planted a dozen new strawberry plants in a new spot. Took kids to the lake, then hubby took us all to the movies.

Monday: chores and work then headed to Little City. Hit feed store, Alfalfa lady for 3 bales, horse shop for DD's new riding boots and helmet, Costco, and my mom's to say happy birthday.

Tuesday: chores and work then built the Walls for the bike shed I'm making for the kids.

Wednesday: chores and work. Took DD to riding lesson and ran errands. Sister's house for dinner. Cleaned out hay shed, fixed broken hay feeder and added more flooring (pallets) to keep the hay and straw from molding on the bare ground.

Thursday: some chores and work. Took DD to her first Orthodontist visit, ran errands including going to the apple tree lady's house and bought 6 Alaskan hardy one to two year old trees. Planted them in a rush and took son to soccer game. Went on a date with hubby. Had fun.

Friday: chores and work. Went to Farm Town with my friend and found the barley man's house. Bought 600lbs of barley. Ran errands. Dropped other daughter with other Grandma for the night and met up with a farmer who was hoping to bale his hay. It was too wet to do the whole field but he let me buy 3 damp bales so we split them open when I got home. Sis dropped of her boys for my son to babysit for their date. Finished the apple trees, put hardware "cloth" around the base of them all for vole protection. Weeded 2 LARGE strollers full of weeds from the front flower bed...it's not finished. Watered the rhubarb and strawberries. Came in when it was 11pm, still light but youngest daughter was fussy. Just ate a cheese curd my husband made. He's been making cheese for the last 4 hours...

It's midnight thirty...I'd better get the rest of these kids in bed and go get in my own.

Country Jane, tuckered out

apple trees, mouse protected

No comments: